Experience The Past
At Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway, we aim to offer passengers the experience of a past now long gone.
You may be wanting to relive your youth or maybe travel behind your first steam train or recreate that special something that comes with riding in 100 year old coaches on tracks that are free of the clutter of modern life.
What ever you are searching for, with our 40 years experience, you will find it at Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway.
PN No MARKET TRAINS ARE OPERATING IN NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER
Looking for something special for Christmas?
Book a Murder Mystery Dinner Train Experience
KEEP UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST NEWS AT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE!
Our Next Trains that can be Booked
Picnic Train - Departing from Bundamba Racecourse
Join QPSR for our Swanbank Food Fair from 9:30am to 2:10pm!
Hop on the Picnic Train from Bundamba Racecourse Station to Swanbank Station. Once you arrive, a selection food stalls on site allow you to mix, match and purchase your perfect meal to enjoy in the park before returning to Bundamba Racecourse. There's also local entertainment, as well as the Souvenir shop at the station.
Travel on a Return Journey to the newly refurbished Swanbank Station past the site of the Box Flat mining disaster and wonderful bushland and mining scenery.
This is a 1 hour 30 minute return trip with a break in the middle for you to explore the local area (passengers may also choose to come back on a later train to explore the region further)
Looking for a longer trip? Join the Heritage Bus Association on a trip to the Ipswich Historical Society for only $5 extra (pay on the day to the bus driver). Make sure to allow for at least 2 hrs when booking
Child (5-15): $11
Family (2A+3C): $50
Murder on the Rails! A Mystery Dinner Train Saturday July 27
Departing 5:00pm Swanbank Station
Returning 8:30pm Swanbank Station
$110 pp including meal and Entertainment
Ride in the glorious surrounds of the Newly Restored Sunlander Dining carriages of the 1950’s as we go back to the 1960's and mystery ...
When the body of a young party boy mod turns up tied to a train line in the winter of 1965, it throws the sleepy beach town of Bowen into disarray and horror. Who could be responsible? The rival duo of leather-clad rockers? His so-called mod friends? All there is to know is that he didn't put himself there and that the person responsible is among those aboard this train bound for townsville. Join Officer Rhodes for this story of drugs, gangs and broken allegiances to see if you can be the one smart enough to help her catch a killer.
Do you think you have what it takes to work out who the murder is? Then join us for a delicious meal in our refurbished dining cars, watch the murder mystery in action and take a trip on the Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway while you get stuck into the detective work. A unique event for all ages.
Dress up in your swinging costumes and join in the fun.
Full 3 course dinner served on board, wine and spirits service
Vegetarian and gluten free options available
The train makes a number of comfort stops over the course of the evening to stretch your legs and take a look at the train.
- Brisbane's Nearest Heritage Railway nestled at the Birth place of Railways in Queensland, Ipswich
- See 9 kilometers of historic and picturesque scenery through the old mine sites
- Travel behind a Heritage Steam Locomotives with the waft coal smoke, the hiss of the steam and blasts of the whistle
- Step back in time and Explore the Station at Swanbank built in 1903
- Take in the Handmade Markets
- Bring along a picnic and enjoy the picnic facilities at Swanbank
- Experience an unforgettable meal or themed event night (like a murder mystery) on the Queensland Pioneer Dining Train (More infomation here)
- On holiday? QPSR can offer a full day out that, with a the Vintage buses, extending your journey to the Cooneana Homestead and Heritage Village
- Journey behind a Heritage Diesel Engine and experience the sounds and smells of the workhorses of Queensland's Branch Line
- Your visit supports the Queenland Pioneer Steam Railways restorations of unique and vintage vehicles
Volunteer For the Future
The Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway only operates because of a dedicated band of Volunteers.
It's not just drivers and firemen that keeps the trains going, the railway requires people to be the face of the railway as Passenger Services Staff and Station Staff, unsung hero's who do track work and locomotive and carriage maintenance, even gardeners will find a place at QPSR.
We would love for you to join our ranks as a QPSR member.
ABN 71 344 974 386