- Trip Outline
Join us this school holidays for a journey back in time behind PB 15 448 on our “Co-vid Picnic Train” departs from Swanbank Station (ONLY) at 9am, 11am and 1pm. Before or after your trip you are able to grab a bite to eat at a food van on the green or upgrade with a heritage pass to take the heritage bus to the Ipswich Mining Museum (where available). Featuring heritage timber carriages this one hour journey wends its way back in towards suburbia through the old coal mining sites, lush bushland and along the base of Castle Hill. There is a quick turn around of the locomotive at Racecourse and we trundle to Swanbank, through paddocks of horses and past quaint miners cottages. QPSR are operating these services in a COVID Safe way and using Queensland Tourism and Accommodation Industry COVID Safe Plan to limit the risk of Covid spread. We ask that all passengers complete the pre-trip form prior to arrival and respect the limitations imposed.
Bundamba Racecourse Station
Racecourse Station temporarily closed
We aim to operate public services 3 times a month between April and December and once a month from January to March.
Our train can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
* Loop Trains are great for young families with kids under 10.
* Longer trips to Swanbank appeal more families with older kids.
* Dinner trains & Murder Mystery trains are a real hit with couples and groups who want a great night out near Brisbane.
* Loop Line Trains take 15 Minutes (temporarily unavailable).
* Picnic Trains take 90 Minutes (temporarily reduced to 1hr)
* Optional Heritage Bus trip to the Ipswich Historical Society – allow 10 Minutes travel each way & 40-90 minutes to explore.
* Queensland Pioneer Dinner trains take 4 hours.
Yes, Racecourse Station has 90 degree road side parking, while Swanbank Station has a designated car park.
On Picnic Train days we welcome a number of external food vendors to the Swanbank Precinct. The selection varies each running day however three are usually available to choose from. Due to unforeseen circumstances some running days may have less variety.
Limited wheelchair facilities are available. Please contact the booking office on (07) 3103 0871 prior to travelling.
While QPSR tries to always provide steam motive power on Market and Picnic Trains, due to the nature of vintage steam locomotives, we may need to substitute a heritage diesel locomotive on part or all of a service.
QPSR is available for filming and limited Charter Hire, contact our booking office on (07) 3103 0871.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing