Tickets for our twilight Santa Steam trains are now Sold Out. Our next expected train is February.
Experience The Past
At Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway, we aim to offer passengers the experience of a past now long gone.
You may be wanting to relive your youth or maybe travel behind your first steam train or recreate that special something that comes with riding in 100 year old coaches on tracks that are free of the clutter of modern life.
What ever you are searching for, with our 40 years experience, you will find it at Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway.
Twilight Santa Steam Train - Departing from Swanbank
Join us at Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway this Christmas for a very special set of Twilight picnic trains. These trains will be the last outing for our much loved stalwart, 113 year old locomotive PB15 448 before it goes in for its 10 yearly inspection and overhaul.
Departing at 3pm, 5pm and 7pm these trains run from Swanbank Station through to Bundamba Racecourse, passing through the pleasant countryside of the Blackstone region as the shadows descend and the Christmas lights come up on the local houses.
The heritage bus, a food van and nightly entertainment will be on site from 2pm each day with the Ipswich Orpheus Choral and the Amberly Brass Band both bringing a festive air of carols to the nights and gives passengers a chance to relax before or after the train trip.
Seats are strictly limited so book today.
Child (3-15): $13
Family (2A+2C): $55
Bus Trip: $2 (all ages)
Help keep us on track through COVID-19 and donate to the railway today so that Steam will run again!
QPSR receives no Government funding and is entirely volunteer operated which exempts us from any Governement relief in this time of forced shut down.
- Brisbane's Nearest Heritage Railway nestled at the Birth place of Railways in Queensland, Ipswich
- See 9 kilometers of historic and picturesque scenery through the old mine sites
- Travel behind a Heritage Steam Locomotives with the waft coal smoke, the hiss of the steam and blasts of the whistle
- Step back in time and Explore the Station at Swanbank built in 1903
- QPSR can offer's short trips to a full day out that, with a the Vintage buses, can extended your journey to the Cooneana Homestead and Heritage Village as part of the Picnic Train from Bundamba to Swanbank.
- Take in the Handmade Markets
- A great mix of food vans at Swanbank every Picnic Train
- Experience an unforgettable meal or themed event night (like a murder mystery) on the Queensland Pioneer Dining Train (More information here).
- Journey behind a Heritage Diesel Engine and experience the sounds and smells of the workhorses of Queensland's Branch Line
- Your visit supports the Queensland Pioneer Steam Railways restorations of unique and vintage vehicles
Volunteer For the Future
The Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway only operates because of a dedicated band of Volunteers.
It's not just drivers and firemen that keeps the trains going, the railway requires people to be the face of the railway as Passenger Services Staff and Station Staff, unsung hero's who do track work and locomotive and carriage maintenance, even gardeners will find a place at QPSR.
We would love for you to join our ranks as a QPSR member.
ABN 71 344 974 386