Experience The Past
At Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway, we aim to offer passengers the experience of a past now long gone.
You may be wanting to relive your youth or maybe travel behind your first steam train or recreate that special something that comes with riding in 100 year old coaches on tracks that are free of the clutter of modern life.
What ever you are searching for, with our 40 years experience, you will find it at Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway.
ALERT: Following advice from health professionals, The Picnic, Market Trains and Murder Mystery Trains are suspended until further notice to aid in curtailing the spread of COVID-19
Help keep us on track through Co-vid 19 and donate to the railway today so that Steam will run again!
QPSR receives no Government funding and is entirely volunteer operated which exempts us from any Governement relief in this time of forced shut down.
10 Great reasons to choose QPSR for your day out!
- Brisbane's Nearest Heritage Railway nestled at the Birth place of Railways in Queensland, Ipswich
- See 9 kilometers of historic and picturesque scenery through the old mine sites
- Travel behind a Heritage Steam Locomotives with the waft coal smoke, the hiss of the steam and blasts of the whistle
- Step back in time and Explore the Station at Swanbank built in 1903
- QPSR can offer's short trips to a full day out that, with a the Vintage buses, can extended your journey to the Cooneana Homestead and Heritage Village as part of the Picnic Train from Bundamba to Swanbank.
- Take in the Handmade Markets
- A great mix of food vans at Swanbank every Picnic Train
- Experience an unforgettable meal or themed event night (like a murder mystery) on the Queensland Pioneer Dining Train (More information here).
- Journey behind a Heritage Diesel Engine and experience the sounds and smells of the workhorses of Queensland's Branch Line
- Your visit supports the Queensland Pioneer Steam Railways restorations of unique and vintage vehicles
Volunteer For the Future
The Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway only operates because of a dedicated band of Volunteers.
It's not just drivers and firemen that keeps the trains going, the railway requires people to be the face of the railway as Passenger Services Staff and Station Staff, unsung hero's who do track work and locomotive and carriage maintenance, even gardeners will find a place at QPSR.
We would love for you to join our ranks as a QPSR member.
We continue to operate thanks to the following organizations and their support:
Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway Co-Op Ltd
ABN 71 344 974 386
ABN 71 344 974 386